Broadclyst Theatre Group: Mort

It's been nearly five months since I last trod the boards with Broadclyst Theatre Group in Beauty and the Beast - thank you to everyone who came and supported what turned out to be a thoroughly impressive show. But while I've been devoting my energies since then predominantly to journalism, the rest of the group have been hard at work on their latest production, which comes to Exeter later this month.
Mort is the group's second foray in the world of Terry Pratchett, following their successful production of Wyrd Sisters in August 2015. It revolves around the titular character who is taken on by Death and trained as his apprentice; everything goes swimmingly until he lets someone live who was due to die, setting in motion events which could change the cosmos. The script, adapted from Prattchett's fourth Discworld novel, and contains much of his characteristic wit and frivolity.
I will not be appearing in person this time around, but I have lent my voice (specifically, my impression of Charles Gray from The Rocky Horror Picture Show) to three small pieces of narration which punctuate the action. I had the pleasure of sitting in on one of the rehearsals a couple of weeks ago, and I can say with the greatest confidence that you are in for a treat. This is the first time that the BTG troupe will have graced the Barnfield Theatre, and they couldn't have picked a better way to make their presence known.
Mort will be performed at the Barnfield Theatre in Exeter on June 26th, 27th and 29th, with all performances starting at 7.30pm. Tickets are £13 for adults and £9 for concessions, and can by purchased by visiting www.barnfieldtheatre.org.uk/mort. I will be attending with Aimee on the Tuesday night (opening night), and hope to see you there!

Daniel

Comments